Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardized test conducted to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to shortlist candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. MAT was approved as a national level test by Government of India, Ministry of HRD in the year 2003. Any B-School – national or international – can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates. MAT score is accepted by over 600 B-Schools across India.
MAT is usually conducted 4 times every year, usually in January, May, September, and December. MAT is conducted at test centers located all over India. MAT is also conducted at some overseas location. Over 300 institutes benefit from this aptitude test. A good score in MAT will give the candidate chance to apply in AICTE approved management colleges.
Salient Aspects of MAT
=> ISO 9001:2008 certified by DNV with accreditation to RVA and Quality Council of India.
=> Entrance test for recognized programmes.
=> Time-tested over a decade.
=> Validated through independent studies
=> Availed by lakhs of students.
=> Accepted by hundreds of Institutes and University Departments.
=> Employing latest technology in evaluation and result processing.
=> Individual score card with candidate’s photograph.
=> Widespread network for sale of bulletins.
=> Test Centres located all over the country and abroad.
=> Lowest bulletin cost which includes registration and test feesClick here for MAT Discussion Forum. Ask your querries here.
|Commencement of Registration||6 March 2020|
|Last Date to Register||10 May 2020 (PBT) & 28 April 2020 (CBT)|
|Release of Admit Card||12 May 2020 (PBT) & 28 April 2020 (CBT)|
|Offline Based MAT September||16 May 2020|
|Online Based MAT September||03 May 2020|
MAT is one of the most important entrance test for students seeking admission in post graduate courses in the field of management.
- Bachelor’s degree such as BA, BSc, B Com, B Tech, etc from recognised institute or university
- Students who appeared in final year and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students can also apply.
Age Limit: There is no age limit applied on candidates.
Mode of Test
Candidate can choose any one of the two options to take the test:
Paper Based Test or Computer Based Test
MAT Exam Pattern
The pattern of exams is objective type. For complete MAT Syllabus, please click here
|#||Section||No. of Questions||Time Suggested (Minutes)|
|3||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|4||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||15|
Recently MAT has been given the status of National Entrance Test by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
MAT Examination Pattern:
MAT has not prescribed any particular curriculum. The examinations pattern changes year to year. MAT test has 5 papers of 40 questions each namely – Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
- The Test consists of multiple choice type questions. Each question has 4 choice to choose the right answer.
- 1 mark is awarded for each right answer. Wrong answers attract negative marking.
- The test contains 200 questions, should be answered in 2 hours 30 minutes.
Follow syllabus has been prescribed by AIMA for students appearing MAT
- English: Verbal Ability, Language Comprehension and Grammar
- Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude, Mathematical Skills
- Data Interpretation: Data Analysis, Understanding of Data Sufficiency
- Reasoning Ability: Reasoning Skills, Logical Thinking
- General Knowledge: Current Topics of National and International levels