The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). CMAT is an entrance exam for taking admission to management programs offered at the AICTE approved institutes across India. The AICTE-CMAT is held twice a year for helping institutions to select suitable students for admission.
The dates for CMAT 2020 has not yet been announced but we have listed the tentative dates. These dates will be updated with the release of CMAT notification.
|Start of Online Registration||1 November 2020|
|Last date to fill and submit the online application form||12 December 2020|
|Admit Card availability||21 December 2020|
|Exam Date||31 January 2021|
|Date of Result declaration and release of Merit List||5 February 2021|
- Graduate in any discipline can apply for CMAT.
- Final year students of graduate courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for 2020 can also apply for CMAT.
NOTE: The eligibility criteria for admission to management programs (Diploma and Post Graduation) is as mentioned below: –
- Management (PGDM, MBA and similar): Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
- Management (PGCM): Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration.
- Excutive Management (Executive PGDM): Any recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and a minimum of 5 years relevant managerial/supervisory experience and at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
Note: AICTE reserves the right to change or cancel any test venue /centre and / or change the test time and dates at their own discretion.
|Type of Questions||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
There shall be negative marking for wrong answers, for each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted
Duration of exam will be 180 minutes
CMAT Admit Card
All the registered candidates will be issued the admit card. In first week of January 2021, CMAT Admit Card will be released. It will be available online on the official website of AICTE-CMAT: http://www.aicte-cmat.in/ for the candidates to download. The admit card will also be sent to the registered email address provided by the candidates at the time of Registration, but it won’t be sent via post. The candidates must carry their admit card to their respective test center on the date of the examination for entry into the hall. No candidate will be allowed entry into the exam center if he fails to furnish a valid CMAT Admit Card 2020.
The result for CMAT 2020 will be announced along with the release merit list in third week of January 2021. It will be declared online and will be published on the official website of CMAT: http://aicte-cmat.in/ . For checking the result and downloading the scorecard, the candidates have to login to their account using their respective login details. The scorecard will furnish the total and sectional score, total and sectional percentile and all India rank.